Over 12,000 MSAs and Counting; Over $30M in MSA Savings; Average MSA Reduction of 62%
Florida State University, Juris Doctorate, 1990
University of Florida, Bachelor of Science, 1987
· Responsible for $250 million in medicare/medicaid savings for auto, liability, no-fault, work comp payers;
· Oversaw $2.5 billion in medicare set aside allocations approved by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services;
· Guided $25 billion in auto, medical malpractice, products liability, nursing home, work comp settlement funds.
· Over 35 years of experience in work comp claims handling, litigation, and resolution;
· Deep technical expertise in social security retirement, survivor, disability, supplemental benefits;
· Industry leading skills in medicare, advantage/prescription plans, secondary payer compliance;
· Superior knowledge of medicaid, state managed care, third party liens, special needs trusts;
· Effective and analytical written advocacy thru over 500 published articles, blogs, papers;
· Strong communications skills honed by presenting at over 600 CE/CLE seminars and conferences;
· Exceptional ability to establish/maintain client relationships, with over 5,000 corporate clients.
· Maintain ownership and responsibility for product development, operational management, legal and compliance mandates, services distribution, marketing strategy, sales/client relationships, and financial goals;
· Lead multi-disciplinary teams to meet organizational needs and customer expectations, including coaching and mentoring high performing and integrated teams driven by execution and results;
· Manage constructive relationships with business partners, customers, to ensure that sound customer service practices are measured for delivery of all products, services and support;
· Direct government affairs and relations executive teams, including state and federal legislative, regulatory, and policy advocacy directors, legal compliance experts, and risk management analysts;
· Serve as an agile, cross-functional, boots on the ground executive leader, responsible for guiding cohesive strategy definition, market expansion, consistent execution, and measured results;
· Develop a comprehensive strategy on products and services that meet clients' needs, and produce marketing campaign that spans all purchased media engines, as well as all social media outlets;
· Monitor studies, research, legislation, regulation, and case law to produce written materials also used to present materials in understandable and entertaining fashion for current and potential clients.
· President, Optum Work Comp and Auto No-Fault Settlement Solutions;
· President, Flagship Services Group;
· Vice-President, Helios Settlement Solutions;
· Executive Director, National Institute for Medicare and Medicaid Education;
· Vice President, Gould & Lamb;
· Executive Director, Medicare and Medicaid Institute;
· Chief Executive Officer, The Center for Medicare Set Aside Administration;
· Corporate Counsel, FCCI Insurance Group;
· Managing Partner, Barrs, Williamson, Stolberg, Townsend & Gonzalez.